A Message from our President
December 1, 2016
Dear Friends of HELM:
Time flies! It’s hard to believe it’s been two and a half years since I became President of Higher Education & Leadership Ministries. Together, we have accomplished a lot. With your support and as a result of strategic changes, HELM is stronger financially and is better positioned to successfully carry out its mission of working with wider church and higher education partners to develop and nurture Christian leaders who are transforming church, society and world.
Here are a few highlights:
- We’ve redesigned the Leadership Fellows Program with a more robust pedagogical structure based on the themes of community, transformation, global awareness, and mentoring. We have also increased the diversity and the size of each of the leadership fellows cohorts.
- Following the retirement of our V.P. of finance, we outsourced our accounting support, increased capacity and realized considerable savings in the process. The savings enabled us to hire additional staff to assist in the areas of programing, technology, and communications.
- We have been working more closely with our higher education partners on key initiatives such as the production of a 32-page brochure highlighting the 14 Disciples colleges and universities and reimagining the Seminarians Conference as a vehicle for leadership development.
- Most recently, we relocated the HELM offices from St. Louis to Indianapolis to achieve considerable savings and to work more closely with other general ministry partners on existing programming and to establish new collaborative initiatives.
Progress has been made! However, there is still more work to be done and we at HELM are fully committed to continuing to advance and carry out the mission of HELM.
We are asking you to continue partnering with HELM in furthering our mission. Firstly, pray for HELM and the work that we do in preparing leaders. Secondly, please consider making a gift to support the ministry of HELM. Your gift of $500, $100, $50, or any amount you can contribute, provides scholarships for leadership fellows, supports seminary students attending the Seminarians Conference, and helps with a host of other HELM programing.
There are two ways to give:
- Give online at www.helmdisciples.org/donate
- Mail your check to: HELM P.O. Box 1986 Indianapolis, IN 46206
Bernard “Chris” Dorsey